Disney has pushed back the release date for Fox 2000’s The Woman in the Window to 2020. The thriller starring Amy Adams was set to debut this October.
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, Disney has pushed back the opening of Fox’s fall thriller, The Woman in the Window.
- The film starring Amy Adams was slated to premiere on October 4 of this year, but has been moved to 2020.
- No official release date has been announced at this time.
- Woman in the Window is the last film to come from Fox 2000 and is based on the novel by A.J. Finn. The story focuses on an “agoraphobic child psychologist who witnesses a crime.”
- THR says adapting the novel has been a difficult task for director Joe Wright and producer Scott Rudin, with large chunks of the “twisty mystery” are set inside the mind of Adams’ central character.
- Early test audiences were confused by the film and Fox is now in the process of retooling the feature, including reshoots.
- In addition to Adams, the film also stars Gary Oldman and Julianne Moore
What they’re saying:
- Fox 2000 president Elizabeth Gabler: “We’re dealing with a complex novel. We tested the movie really early for that very reason. We wanted to make it better, and we’ve had Disney’s full support in doing that.”
More coming from Fox in 2019: