Disney continues to shake things up after their acquisition of Fox back in March. ABC Studios has made some changes, replacing Studio President Patrick Moran with Fox’s Jonnie Davis and promoting Executive Vice President of Current Series Carolyn Cassidy to President of Creative Affairs, according to The Wrap.
- Davis had been running 20th Century Fox TV with Howard Kurtzman.
- During his time at Fox, Davis helped develop hit series like This Is Us and Modern Family, the latter of which will be entering its final season on ABC.
- Kurtzman will now run the studio with Carolyn Cassidy after he new promotion to President of Creative Affairs.
- Cassidy had been running the current series department at Fox since July 2015.
- Moran had been President of ABC Studios since 2016 and helped bring on producers like Shonda Rhimes and Kenya Barris.
- Moran will be joined by Executive Vice President of Business Operations Howard Davine, who is leaving the studio and will be replaced by Josh Sussman.
- These moves represent the biggest shakeup for Disney’s TV department since the acquisition of Fox.
What they’re saying:
- Craig Hunegs, president of Disney Television Studios: “This exceptional group is uniquely qualified to continue building our position as the strongest studios in the industry and the very best home for talent.”
- Hunegs on Moran and Davine leaving the studio: “I have enormous respect for Patrick and Howard and for all they have achieved in their careers at ABC Studios. Patrick has developed and overseen many landmark series and has an excellent slate of new shows. I have known Howard for many years and he is one of the most accomplished and effective business affairs executives in our industry, having made a number of groundbreaking deals and run an excellent business. Together they have brought to ABC Studios a wonderful group of writers, producers and executives and made a lasting contribution to The Walt Disney Company.”