Following the tragic passing of star Cameron Boyce, Disney is changing some of their Descendants 3 plans. According to Variety, a red carpet premiere event for the film will be cancelled while telecast will be dedicated to Boyce’s memory.
- Although a red carpet premiere for the latest film in the popular Descendants franchise had been set for July 22, Disney Channel has announced that the event it being cancelled.
- That decision follows the sad news that actor Cameron Boyce who starred as Carlos in the films had passed away at age 20.
- In lieu of the event, Disney will make a donation to the Thirst Project — a non-profit organization dedicated to providing access to safe, clean water to communities around the world.
- Boyce had previously worked with the Thirst Project and supported their efforts.
- Additionally, Disney Channel has revealed that the telecast of Descendants 3 will be dedicated to Boyce.
- Descendants 3 is still set to premiere on Disney Channel August 2nd.
What they’re saying:
- A Disney Channel statement: “We’re proud to be part of Cameron Boyce’s legacy by showcasing his talents on screen but we are cancelling the red carpet premiere event for Descendants 3 (scheduled for July 22) and instead, The Walt Disney Company will make a donation to the Thirst Project, a philanthropic organization to which Cameron was deeply committed. With permission from the Boyce family, Disney Channel will dedicate the telecast of Descendants 3 in Cameron Boyce’s memory.”