This weekend Walt Disney World guests will have the chance to see the young stars of Disney’s The Lion King during Magic Kingdom’s daily parade. The Disney Parks Blog shared the news this afternoon about Saturday’s honorary Grand Marshals.
- This Saturday, the young stars of Disney’s The Lion King, will be honorary Grand Marshals in Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom.
- J. D. McCrary and Shahadi Wright Joseph who voice Simba and Nala respectively, are coming to Walt Disney World to celebrate the upcoming release of the new “live-action” film.
- Fans can catch the actors and the parade on Saturday, July 13 at 3:00 pm as it makes its way through the park.
More The Lion King fun:
- The Lion King is the latest adaptation of a Disney animated classic and arrives in theatres on July 19. Be sure to check out why Alex’s calls it one of the "can't miss movie-going experiences of 2019” in his review.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom is celebrating the 25th anniversary of the original film. From themed goodies to new merchandise, there’s something here for every Lion King fan.
- Over at the Disneyland Resort, fans can check out “The Tale of the Lion King” at Disney California Adventure.
- The Lion King soundtrack is available now on digital and is coming to physical home release on July 19.
- Beyoncé Knowles-Carter, voice of adult Nala, released a new single titled “Spirit” from the upcoming album The Lion King: The Gift. Alex has the whole scoop on the new song and record.
Did you know?:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom has a special tie to the brand-new film.
- The movie’s production team spent six weeks at the theme park researching naturalistic backdrops that helped inspire scenes from the movie.