Marvel has announced and shared details on a new original nonfiction series heading to Disney+. Marvel’s Storyboards is the third Marvel New Media series planned for the streaming service.
- Marvel’s Storyboards will be a 12-episode nonfiction original series and will follow Joe Quesada, Marvel's Chief Creative Officer, as he explores “the origin stories and creative drives of storytellers of all mediums, backgrounds, and experiences.”
- Guests on this new series will include:
- Robert Lopez (songwriter, Book of Mormon, Avenue Q)
- Samhita Mukhopadhyay (Executive Editor, Teen Vogue)
- Hugh Jackman (Wolverine)
- Johnny Weir (Olympic figure skater)
- Ed Viesturs (high-altitude mountaineer)
- Each episode will span 10 to 15 minutes and will dive into each guest’s relationship with Marvel as well as personal stories of how they overcame personal and professional hurdles.
- Marvel’s Storyboards will join Marvel's 616 (Working Title) and Marvel's Hero Project as the third Marvel New Media series heading to Disney+.
- No premiere date has been announced for Marvel’s Storyboards at this time.
What they’re saying:
- Joe Quesada, Marvel's Chief Creative Officer: "A comparison that everyone knows is Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. We go on locations, but instead of food or culture being the focus, the focus is a guest, the way they tell stories, and their story."
- Quesada on the stories the various guests have to share: "The real thrill to me is to find out, 'What's your story?' People tell their stories in all different ways. It's not just writing, drawing, or filming. Athletes tell stories in how they perform. Dancers tell stories with their bodies."
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- Marvel has revealed more of the awesome merchandise and exclusives that they’re bringing to San Diego Comic Con.
- The Russo Brothers, directors of Avengers: Endgame, shared a tweet teasing their San Diego Comic-Con panel.
- Props & Costumes from Marvel's Daredevil, Marvel's Luke Cage and Marvel's Iron Fist will be auctioned for the first time ever by Prop Store on August 12 & 13, 2019.