ABC is already gearing up for the holiday season. The network has picked up a special holiday movie titled Same Time, Next Christmas, starring Lea Michele, set to air in December.
- Same Time, Next Christmas comes from Freeform Studios.
- The movie stars New York Times bestselling author and singer, Lea Michele, who is known for her role as Rachel Berry on the Fox hit series Glee.
- In Same Time, Next Christmas, Lea Michele will play the lead role of Olivia Henderson, a young woman who met her childhood sweetheart during her family’s annual Christmas visit to Hawaii. After being separated by distance and years, the two reunite at the same Hawaii resort years later and the old chemistry between them flares up anew – but circumstances conspire to keep them apart.
- In addition to the new movie, Lea Michele is set to release her first Christmas album this coming holiday.
- Same Time, Next Christmas is executive produced by EveryWhere Studios’ Tom Mazza and David Culvert Jones.
- Stephen Herek (Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors, Mr. Holland’s Opus and Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure) is set to direct and Karen Bloch Morse (Ice Castles) is writing
What they’re saying:
- Lea Michele: “This holiday season holds special importance to me as I get to celebrate both my role in this film and my first-ever holiday album. I’m honored to return to ABC with this movie event, and I am excited to share the holidays with everyone.”
ICYMI – More ABC news:
- ABC’s hit thriller, How to Get Away with Murder will premiere its sixth and final season on Thursday, September 26.
- ABC Studios has made some changes, replacing Studio President Patrick Moran with Fox’s Jonnie Davis and promoting Executive Vice President of Current Series Carolyn Cassidy to President of Creative Affairs.
- ABC has announced their fall Primetime premiere dates for the 2019-2020 television season.
Check out our Renewed/Cancelled page for more information on ABC shows.