From surprise guests to 90s vibes, the DuckTales panel at San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) was indeed all it was “quacked” up to be! Fans of Disney Afternoon television were in for a treat as the cast and creators of the current iteration of DuckTales revealed what the future holds for our feathered friends.
- Check out our videos from the DuckTales panel!
Lin-Manuel Miranda sings Disney Afternoon theme songs:
- Late this morning, the DuckTales panel at SDCC kicked off with the cast of the series and a surprise appearance from the one and only, Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- The actor, singer, composer, and playwright joined the DuckTales cast and revealed that Gizmoduck would be making an appearance in Season 3 of the series and that he’d be traveling to Japan.
- Miranda also shared that he thinks “all of the Disney Afternoon theme songs are perfect.”
- Disney revealed a new poster with a growing cast of characters. Entertainment Weekly shared an exclusive look at the image:
- As the panel continued, fans learned that several characters from other Disney Afternoon shows would also be making their way to Duckberg with planned appearances from:
- Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers:
- Monterey Jack
- Darkwing Duck:
- Gosalyn Mallard
- Taurus Bulba
- Along with:
- Daisy Duck
- Many more to come
- Finally, beyond all of the exciting announcements made during the panel, a new trailer for the second half of Season 2 debuted as well. The season returns with all new episodes this September!
- Additionally, the audience learned that a future episode will reveal why Donald Duck is mad all the time.
- And because, why not? Disney shared a revamped version of the theme song sung by Glomgold. Check it out: