Disney has announced the “True Original Summer of Music” as an extended celebration of the “Mickey The True Original” campaign. The summer of music includes special performances by up and coming artists Devon Gilfillian and Tiffany Young.
- Disney announces the “True Original Summer of Music,” a musical extension of the “Mickey True Original Campaign,” in celebration of Mickey Mouse’s 90 years of impact on pop culture.
- The festivities kick-off in August with emerging Nashville singer and guitarist Devon Gilfillian performing at Levi’s Haus of Strauss.
- The fun continues with K-pop superstar Tiffany Young making a special appearance at D23 Expo 2019.
“True Original Summer of Music” with Devon Gilfillian:
- Capitol Records recording artist, Devon Gilfillian, who draws unique inspiration from both R&B singers of the 60s and 70s and hip-hop artist of the 2000s, will perform at Levi’s Haus of Strauss in West Hollywood on August 6.
- The intimate summer concert will be performed in front of a select crowd of musicians, influencers and entertainment industry insiders.
- Attendees will also have the opportunity to select a Levi’s item and visit the tailor shop, where they can customize their look with Mickey patches and accessories.
- Beats by Dre will also be onsite to showcase their 90th Anniversary headphones featuring an iconic Mickey print.
“True Original Summer of Music” with Tiffany Young:
- On August 25th, K-pop star Tiffany Young, a solo artist who rose to fame with chart-topping girl group Girls' Generation, will make a special appearance at Disney’s D23 Expo in Anaheim, California.
- A self-proclaimed Disney fanatic, Tiffany will celebrate the launch of her new single and upcoming music video, Magnetic Moon, at the world’s largest gathering of Disney fans.
What they’re saying:
- Josh Silverman, EVP, global product commercialization, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products: “Mickey has served as a muse and creative symbol for musical artists for generations, with the classic Mickey Mouse tee appearing on concert stages across the globe. A musical celebration is only fitting for Mickey, and we’re delighted to showcase his influence through performances this summer.”
About the “True Original Campaign:”
- Disney’s “True Original Summer of Music” initiative will continue as a tenet of the “True Original” campaign that launched last year to celebrate Mickey’s 90th anniversary.
- “True Original” was developed to showcase 90 years of Mickey’s influence on:
- Pop culture
- And more
- A milestone moment of the campaign included “Mickey: The True Original Exhibition,” an immersive pop-up experience that drew thousands of attendees and celebrity fans eager to show their love of one of pop culture’s most beloved characters.
- To further commemorate this anniversary, Disney collaborated with ‘true original’ brands including:
- Additionally, last year, Levi’s launched a special edition capsule collection featuring Mickey on classic denim staples and tees, while Beats by Dre debuted a pair of Mickey-inspired headphones that celebrated the true originality of emerging musical artists.