Disney Springs is the place to be at Walt Disney World if you’re looking for a variety of shopping and dining experiences. Unfortunately though, two of Disney Springs' locations will be closing soon. Closure dates have been announced for Bongos Cuban Cafe and Curl by Sammy Duvall.
- Bongos Cuban Cafe was originally reported to close back in May, though at the time the only timeframe for the closure was August.
- The restaurant is owned by Cuban-American pop icon Gloria Estefan.
- The restaurant will be closing as its 22-year lease comes to an end.
- The Disney Springs location will be the latest Bongos location to close, after locations in the Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood, Florida and the American Airlines Arena in Miami also closed.
- Estefan will soon be opening a new restaurant, Estefan Kitchen, in the Margaritaville Orlando Resort.
- Bongos Cuban Cafe’s final day of operations will be August 18.
- Curl by Sammy Duvall, which opened back in 2016, will close just a few days earlier on August 15.
- The surf shop located on the West Side offers a variety of surf, ski and skate gear, swimwear, apparel and accessories.
- No word yet on what might be replacing these two closing venues, though we do know Beatrix Restaurant and Ample Hills Creamery will soon be opening locations on the West Side.
ICYMi – More Disney Springs news:
- The shelves at World of Disney are now full of haunted holiday merchandise and we’re dying to own every bit of it.
- The NBA Experience at Disney Springs is now officially open, bringing the fun of the NBA to Walt Disney World. Disney CEO Bob Iger, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver, a host of NBA and WNBA stars and of course Mickey and Minnie were on hand to open the new attraction.
- There’s a lot happening at Walt Disney World’s entertainment district including the announcement of three new additions as well as new offerings at D-Luxe Burger and Earl of Sandwich.