A woman has been arrested and charged with several crimes after being accused of stealing from the employee locker room at Typhoon Lagoon.
- The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that a 28-year-old woman has been arrested and charged with multiple crimes linked to theft.
- Shariel Agosto was arrested on August 1st after being accused of stealing items from an employee locker room at Walt Disney World’s Typhoon Lagoon.
- Among the stolen items were:
- Credit cards
- Gift Cards
- According to the arrest affidavit from the Orange County Sheriff’s office, Agosto previously worked at the water park and knew how to make her way around backstage.
- The Sheriff’s report states that she took cash and credit cards from fellow employees to buy “gas for her car, food at Gator’s Dockside” and tried to purchase more than $250 worth of alcohol.
- The Sentinel notes that according to the report, Agosto is currently employed with a third party at Disney Springs, but it is not stated where she works.
- The charges against her include:
- Unlawful possession of a stolen credit card
- Petit theft
- Fraudulent use of credit cards
- Also on August 1st, another 19-year-old Disney employee reported that her wallet containing up to $30 is cash, a credit card, and other items were stolen from the Typhoon Lagoon employee bathroom.
- The Sheriff’s office noted the similarities between the thefts, but have not named a suspect.
- The Sentinel reached out to Agosto, her lawyer through the public defender’s office, and Disney.
- None of the parties have commented on the case at this time.