The Mandalorian trailer:
About the series:
- Additionally, Taika Waititi has been confirmed to play IG-11 in the series:
— LaughingPlace.com @ #D23Expo (@laughing_place) August 24, 2019
- The Mandalorian was among the first officially confirmed for the Disney+ streaming service.
- During Disney Investor Day (April 11), it was announced that The Mandalorian would launch along with Disney+ on November 12th.
What they’re saying:
- Jon Favreau on the feel of the series: “We’re getting back to the roots of what inspired George originally: the old westerns and the samurai films.”
- Favreau teasing where in the universe the show will pull from: “We’re bring some stuff in from Legends… bringing some of the EU stuff back in.”
- Jon Favreau recently spoke with The Hollywood Reporter about the new series, his vision for show, and the amazing technology that he’s working with.
- Disney revealed posters for several of the new, original content coming to Disney+ including The Mandalorian.