Update 2: The website now appears to working smoothly as several users have reported signing up for Disney+ through it. You can information on the Disney+ offer here:
Update: D23 has tweeted out a message regarding today’s outage:
We are aware of an issue impacting access to the D23 website due to the heavy volume of traffic that the site is experiencing. We are working to quickly resolve the issue and apologize for the inconvenience.
— Disney D23 (@DisneyD23) August 27, 2019
Original Article Below
Attendees at D23 Expo 2019 in Anaheim last weekend got the first crack at subscribing for Disney+ with a special offer. Last night, that offer was extended to all D23 members. Now, unfortunately, it appears D23.com is suffering from a bit of a “glitch.”
- D23 Members (General, Gold or Gold Family) can sign up for Disney+ in one of two ways:
- Via the email link sent to them
- By logging into their D23.com account and clicking “view account” then clicking “redeem now”
- The promotional offer is only valid for US residents with US payment methods.
- This promotional offer of $46.99 per year, if accepted, entitles the bearer to a one-time discount of $69.00 off the regular price of a three-year subscription to Disney+ ($209.97).
- The offer will be available from now through September 2, 2019, though due to the current glitch, those looking to sign up are currently out of luck.
- Many prospective subscribers have taken to Twitter to share their frustration with the glitch.
— kimmiek (@kimakessler) August 27, 2019
Looks like @DisneyD23 has been down for hours with people just trying to sign up early for @disneyplus. And that’s just one site. Doesn’t boost my confidence for launch day watching @themandalorian.@mpaull I hope you’re ready on 11-12!
— Chris Spears (@lazer310) August 27, 2019
So many people trying to take advantage of that $4 per month @disneyplus deal (myself included), that we brought down the @DisneyD23 site! 😲🖥️💥 #Disney #DisneyPlus #D23 #D23Expo2019 pic.twitter.com/FFSSQvniwk
— Ryan Carter 🇺🇸 (@RyaCart91) August 27, 2019
What’s going with the @DisneyD23 website? I’m trying to sign up for the 3-year @disneyplus offer and it’s not loading at all. Even if the page loaded, I can’t sign in or I can, but the “My Account” page is not showing up. I need help! pic.twitter.com/iUzbWlQlQr
— Alonso V (@alonsovilla84) August 27, 2019
All I want to do is give them my money for Disney+ and their freakin website doesn’t work. Haha.
— erica rose (@ericarose) August 27, 2019
@DisneyD23 Hey! I've never had so much trouble trying to give someone my money. I'm kidding, but I have a D23 account and can't get to the signup page for the three year deal. I'm hoping I don't miss out. Thanks for your help! pic.twitter.com/a7r7gZa4bZ
— Geno Reynolds (@TheReelGeno) August 27, 2019
Were you able to sign up for the special D23 Member offer for Disney+? Let us know in the comments below.