To help celebrate the grand opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, earlier this morning Disney announced the #BacktoBatuu sweepstakes, which will send winners Back to Batuu for the opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance in December.
- Guests visiting in the months of August and September will want to get their cameras and smartphones ready – because pics they snap in the land over the next few weeks could be their chance to win.
- Starting today, August 29th, guests can enter their best photos into the #BacktoBatuu sweepstakes for a chance to be among the first to help the Resistance topple the First Order when Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Walt Disney World Resort in December.
- Seventy-seven winners of the #BacktoBatuu sweepstakes will get the chance to return to Batuu to attend a special event at Walt Disney World Resort on December 4.
- The visit will also include a 4-day/3-night trip for the winner and one guest, including resort accommodations and airfare provided by Southwest Airlines.
- To enter, guests must visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and post a photo from their experience on Instagram or Twitter.
- They must also tag @WaltDisneyWorld and include the hashtags #sweepstakes, #GalaxysEdge & #BackToBatuu in their post.
- First Look, New Details Revealed for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Interview – Disney Parks Chairman Bob Chapek Discusses Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Opening at Walt Disney World
- Reservations Now Open for Select Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios