The Disney Parks Blog has given us a sneak peek at some of the new art and decor coming to Disney’s Riviera Resort at Walt Disney World.
- The art collection is comprised of more than 40 original pieces and will reflect a European theme with a Disney twist.
- The collection celebrates a unique blend of Disney characters and icons, European storytellings, and the fine art style of master artists who found inspiration along the Riviera during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Drawing inspiration from the Mediterranean region’s art history, where artists along the Riviera were exploring ways to make still life objects come to life on a flat canvas. Artists would first break the objects into individual shapes and forms, then accentuate each object with strong outlines.
- Inspired by the cubist style of art, Disney artists painted the enchanted objects from Beauty and the Beast (1991) – Cogsworth, Lumiere, Chip and Mrs. Potts – as they appear to come to life on the canvas.
- The dramatic hues of sunset inspired Disney artists in painting Rapunzel and Pascal as they watch the glowing lanterns illuminate the evening sky, creating a delightful pattern of shape and color.
- Harkening back to Disney’s cartoon origins, this coastal Riviera scene is styled to reflect the vintage characteristics of early black and white cartoon art.
- You can see the entire original collection at Disney’s Riviera Resort when it opens December 16th, 2019.
- Disney Parks Blog Shares Sneak Peek at Art and Decor Coming to Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Dining Reservations Now Open for Topolino’s Terrace at Disney’s Riviera Resort
- And be sure to follow our Disney’s Riviera Resort Project Tracker for the latest on this brand new resort!