ESPN is launching 12 new commercials from This is SportsCenter in honor of the network’s 40th anniversary. The spots will air starting Saturday September 7th.
- On Saturday, September 7, ESPN will introduce twelve new commercials from the iconic This is SportsCenter (TISC) franchise.
- This marks the first time ESPN has debuted this many new TISC spots at once and the date has significance, as it marks the network’s 40th anniversary.
- Several spots will debut across TV, digital and social while others will be seen primarily on digital and social channels.
- ESPN wrote the spots in house and they were produced in concert with Hungry Man productions.
- Each taps into the unique personalities of the featured athletes and what it’s like to work at ESPN.
The following commercials will air across TV, digital and social:
- Presentation: New York Giants Running Back Saquon Barkley– with Stan Verrett, Neil Everett, Mina Kimes, Joe Bruin
- Audibles: Los Angeles Rams Quarterback Jared Goff– with Linda Cohn, Stan Verrett, Willie the Wave
- Putter Wipe: Professional Golfer Brooks Koepka– with Matt Barrie, Elle Duncan, Wally the Green Monster, Rutgers Scarlet Knight
- What’s My Name?: WWE Wrestler Becky Lynch– with Noel the Barista, Nicole Briscoe
- The Manny: San Diego Padres Third Baseman Manny Machado– with Kenny Mayne, children of ESPN employees
- Hot Corner: Manny Machado – with John Anderson
- Mouthguards: Scott Van Pelt, David Lloyd, Hannah Storm, Jay Harris, Mr. Met, Rutgers Scarlet Knight, UConn Husky, ESPN employees
- New Tech: Mr. Met, Jay Harris, Toni Collins
The following spots will debut across digital and social channels:
What they’re saying:
- Laura Gentile, SVP of Marketing: “We’ve been working to develop terrific new SportsCenter scripts for a while now, and when we realized the timing worked out perfectly with our anniversary, we pressed GO! This campaign has always been iconic, and made to delight fans. We hope they love these new spots.”
- To coincide with the anniversary, ESPN has released a This is SportsCenter quiz on ESPN.com to challenge fans and highlight some favorites from over the years.
- Since 1995, This is SportsCenter has given fans and viewers an inside peek at the Bristol campus with a humorous spin on day-to-day life at ESPN.
- The network has produced more than 400 advertising spots as part of this signature franchise.