Following the YouTube release of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Oga's Cantina: R-3X's Playlist #1, Walt Disney Records has now made the album available on streaming services and for digital download.
- Walt Disney Records has released the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Oga's Cantina: R-3X's Playlist #1.
- The digital album is available at all streaming services and digital retailers including:
- Apple Music
- And more
About the album:
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Oga's Cantina: R-3X's Playlist #1 features 18 original songs that can be heard at Oga’s Cantina, inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park in California and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Park in Florida.
- In the infamous watering hole, bounty hunters, smugglers, rogue traders and weary travelers of all ages come together to refuel, conduct meetings and enjoy music.
- The bold musical entertainment is courtesy of droid DJ R-3X, a former Starspeeder 3000 pilot.
- The songs featured on the album are written and co-produced by a wide variety of songwriters, all performed by a collection of “intergalactic” artists.
- The tracks are an “other-worldly” blend of various world musical styles, textures and rhythms.
- The lyrics are in multiple alien languages from throughout the galaxy, including Jawa and Huttese.
- Kicking off the top of DJ R-3X’s playlist is “Mad About Mad About Me,” a reimagined version of the original John Williams’ “Cantina Band” recording from Star Wars: A New Hope.
- The album is produced by Yaron Spiwak, senior music producer for Walt Disney Imagineering and executive produced by, Matt Walker, Executive in Charge of Music for Walt Disney Imagineering’s Global Music Studio.
What they’re saying:
- Executive album producer Matt Walker: “We wanted this Cantina to fit within the story of the land, and I gave music producer Yaron Spiwak that challenge to figure out ‘What are the intergalactic hits that our droid DJ would collect and play for this motley group of questionable clientele in this far end of the galaxy?’ Create this playlist. Go.”
- Music producer and imagineer Yaron Spiwak: “R-3X’s playlist was created to draw listeners into life on the planet of Batuu, giving them a better sense of its people, their music tastes and its pop culture – past and present. Each song on the playlist tells a story, from a Gungan celebration song and an Huttese rap to an exciting mix of styles and languages from all over the galaxy. This set includes the classic hits that play regularly on R-3X’s rotation in Oga’s Cantina and on radio stations heard throughout Black Spire Outpost.”
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Oga's Cantina: R-3X's Playlist #1 track list:
- 1. “Mad About Mad About Me” Performed by R-3X (Featuring – Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes)
- 2. Turbulence” Performed by Mus Kat and Nalpak
- 3. “Bright Suns” Performed by Mus Kat and Nalpak
- 4. “Nama Heh” Performed by Laki Lembeng
- 5. “Oola Shuka” Performed by Gaya
- 6. “Beep Boop Bop” Performed by Duro Droids
- 7. “Aloogahoo” Performed by Vee Gooda and Ryco
- 8. “Bai Tee Tee” Performed by Junee Veech (Featuring – Gubz)
- 9. “Modal Notes” Performed by Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes
- 10. “Una Duey Dee” Performed by Kra Mer 5
- 11. “Goola Bukee” Performed by Zano (Featuring – YS-5755)
- 12. “Droid World” Performed by Sentient 7 and the Clankers
- 13. “Utinni” Performed by The Dusty Jawas
- 14. “Batuu Boogie” Performed by Chaka Mater Laka (Featuring – MW-59)
- 15. “Moulee-rah” Performed by Fytee (Featuring – RB Snootles)
- 16. “Doshka” Performed by Mus Kat and Nalpak
- 17. “Huttuk Cheeka” Performed by Elem Zadowz
- 18. “Yocola Ateema” Performed by Fytee and The Sleemos [Bonus Track]