With a new sponsorship agreement, Walt Disney World Resort hopes to spread some extra magic to Orlando’s hometown college football team, the University of Central Florida (UCF) Knights.
- Beginning this season, Knight fans will see a little extra magic as Disney becomes the official Theme Park, Water Park, Resort and Cruise Line Destination of the university’s football team.
- The joint announcement was made today as the UCF Knights football team, currently ranked 16th in the nation, prepares for its second home game on Saturday against Stanford at Spectrum Stadium.
- The new multiyear agreement includes shared marketing opportunities, in-game promotions at UCF home football games and Disney signage inside Spectrum Stadium.
- It also extends the existing relationship between UCF and Disney which have joined together as part of the Disney Aspire education investment program. In May, UCF was added to the Disney Aspire network of schools.
- This groundbreaking program offers 100 percent free tuition to eligible hourly Disney employees and Cast Members, making it easier for them to pursue their dreams and fulfill their career ambitions.
- The collaboration is a natural fit between UCF and Disney since both institutions are powerful economic engines in Orlando and across Florida.
What they’re saying:
- Faron Kelley, vice president of Disney Sports: “Walt Disney World Resort and UCF share a commitment to making Central Florida a key destination for sports. With this agreement we hope to reach even more of Knight Nation.”
- UCF vice president and director of athletics, Danny White: “As Orlando’s hometown college football team, we are thrilled to be teaming up with Disney to add a touch of magic for fans at Spectrum Stadium. Additionally, this agreement enables UCF to have the most unique student-athlete experience in the country as every year all of our student-athletes will have the opportunity to visit Walt Disney World Resort.”