The clock is ticking on IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot. The beloved nighttime spectacular will have its last showing on September 30 and a new temporary show will take its place beginning on October 1. The Disney Parks Blog released a sneak peek at the upcoming temporary show, Epcot Forever.
- Just two weeks away from its debut, Disney gave a look at the new show including some of the music as well as fireworks, lighting, lasers and choreographed special effects kites.
- Epcot Forever will celebrate “the past, present and future of Epcot,” and utilize music from the park’s history.
- Ironically, Epcot Forever will only be a temporary feature as another new nighttime spectacular is in the works for 2020.
- HarmonioUS will “celebrate how Disney music inspires people around the world, and will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics and lasers.”
- For more on Epcot Forever and other upcoming additions to the Walt Disney World Resort, be sure to check out our Project Tracker.
ICYMI – More Walt Disney World news:
- After being removed in July, the Tomorrowland marquee returned at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, with a brand new look.
- Two shops at Disney’s Hollywood Studios have been reopened and are once again offering guests all kinds of fun merchandise.
- Check out some of the new Arendelle Aqua-themed treats available around the Walt Disney World parks, resorts and Disney Springs.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will soon be home to a special sneak peek of the highly-anticipated movie Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, beginning September 27.
- It was previously announced that automated cameras would be installed at select character meet and greet locations across Walt Disney World. Now this change has come to one of the most notable meet and greets at Magic Kingdom: Mickey and Minnie at The Town Square Theater.