Back in April, Marvel announced three new Marvel Rising specials, including “Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri.” Today, Marvel shared a poster and release date for the upcoming special, as well as some news regarding New York Comic-Con 2019.
- Guests attending the Women of Marvel panel at New York Comic-Con on Sunday, October 6 at 12:15 PM ET in Room 1A06 will get to see the world premiere of “Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri.”
- After that, the new special will go live on the Marvel HQ YouTube channel on Friday, October 11.
- “Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri” will be a 22-minute special and will feature Daisy Lightfoot as Shuri.
- Marvel Rising is executive produced by Joe Quesada, Dan Buckley, Cort Lane, and Eric Radomski and co-executive produced by Sana Amanat, and Marsha Griffin.
- “Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri” was written by Mae Catt and Alfred Gimeno served as supervising animation director.
About “Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri”:
- “The lives of the Secret Warriors are turned upside down when faced with their latest mission: hang out with Shuri, the Crown Princess of Wakanda, and show her what it’s like to be an ordinary teenager. But nothing’s ordinary when you’re dealing with one of the smartest and most famous people on the planet.”
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- Sony and Marvel have resolved their issues and will partner on another Spider-Man film.
- Back in May, Hulu announced a couple of new live-action Marvel series, including one based on the popular character Ghost Rider. Now, it appears that won’t be happening after all as the Ghost Rider series will reportedly not be moving forward a the streamer.
- A high school dance group recreated Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame in a marvelous dance routine.
- The Saturn Awards are designed to honor the best films and television series in science fiction, fantasy and horror and the 45th awards had Disney fingerprints all over them. Avengers: Endgame in particular was all over this year’s awards, earning 14 nominations.