Who’s ready for “Disney Night” on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars?! Next Monday, the remaining couples will vie for fans’ votes as they dance to Disney songs from some of our favorite movies. This season’s “Disney Night” will also feature the first ever opening number at Disneyland —in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle!
- There will be Disney magic in the ballroom as nine celebrity and pro-dancer couples compete on the fifth week of the 2019 season of Dancing with the Stars, live, Monday, October 14 (8:00-10:00 pm EDT), on ABC.
- Episodes can also be viewed the next day on:
- Each Monday night, the live vote (via abc.com, the ABC app and SMS/text) will be combined with the judges’ scores and tabulated in real time.
- The live votes will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window).
The magic of “Disney Night:”
- For the first time in the show’s history, the opening dance number will take place at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, in a pre-recorded segment and will feature the cast on Main Street, U.S.A. and in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, choreographed by the acclaimed Zach Woodlee (Grease Live and Glee).
- During the show, the celebrity contestants and their pros take over the Happiest Place on Earth as they seek inspiration for their dance numbers at Disney California Adventure and Disneyland.
- One lucky Dancing with the Stars couple will even get to travel to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and take the controls of the Millennium Falcon.
- From thrill attractions to favorite Disney characters and more, this will be a “Disney Night” to remember.
“Disney Night” songs:
- Vying for America’s vote, each couple will dance to a variety of beloved Disney songs. Oh My Disney shared the set list for the evening:
- “A Whole New World” from Aladdin (Zayn and Zhavia)
- “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” from Cinderella
- “Under the Sea” from The Little Mermaid
- “A Spoonful of Sugar” from Mary Poppins
- “Beauty and the Beast” from the live-action Beauty and the Beast (John Legend & Ariana Grande)
- “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” from Toy Story 4
- “We’re All in This Together” from High School Musical
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” from the live-action The Lion King
- “He’s a Pirate” from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- In addition, a special dance inspired by new song “Into the Unknown” from Frozen II will be featured.
- And special looks from Disney+’s upcoming High School Musical: The Musical: The Series and live-action Lady and the Tramp will be shown.
Dancing with the Stars couples
- The couples are (with their dance choice) the following:
- Country artist Lauren Alaina and Gleb Savchenko (Samba)
- Model and photographer Sailor Brinkley-Cook and Val Chmerkovskiy (Viennese Waltz)
- Pop star Ally Brooke and Sasha Farber (Contemporary)
- The Bachelorette Hannah Brown and Alan Bersten (Foxtrot)
- The Office actress Kate Flannery and Pasha Pashkov (Jazz)
- TV host and Queer Eye star Karamo and Jenna Johnson (Samba)
- Comedian and actor Kel Mitchell and Witney Carson (Jazz)
- Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer and Lindsay Arnold (Quickstep)
- TV and film actor James Van Der Beek and Emma Slater (Paso)
Dancing with the Stars Podcast:
- For the first time ever, Dancing with the Stars now has an official podcast!
- Every week with host Kym Johnson Herjavec, Dancing with the Stars fans can listen in and get a behind-the-ballroom perspective for all the latest backstage action, reactions and exclusive interviews with their favorite couples and cast members.
- These special access episodes will be released weekly on Tuesdays on:
- The Dancing with the Stars Official Podcast is produced by BBC Studios.
- David King is the producer, and Fabrizia Mauro and Lisa Ledterman are the managing producers.
About Dancing with the Stars:
- Hosted by Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews, Dancing with the Stars is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including:
- Head judge, Len Goodman
- Bruno Tonioli
- Carrie Ann Inaba
- Dancing with the Stars is produced by BBC Studios.
- Andrew Llinares is executive producer.