Hollywood’s legendary El Capitan Theatre will play host to a special engagement of Disney’s Maleficent: Mistress of Evil from October 17 to November 17.
- The film will be shown in Dolby Vision Laser Projection & Dolby Atmos Sound Technology.
- Tickets are now on sale at here, by calling 1-800-DISNEY6 and at The El Capitan Theatre box office.
- El Capitan Theatre Guests will be able to take their picture before and after the movie with a special Maleficent Wing photo op.
- Costumes and props from the film will also be on display throughout the theatre.
- Guests can even be among the first to see the movie on Thursday, October 17 at 6:00PM as the El Capitan Theatre hosts a Special Opening Night Fan Event.
- In addition to watching the movie early, all FAN EVENT guests will receive an exclusive poster, as well as reserved seat, a souvenir popcorn container, and a 20 oz. bottled drink.
- Tickets to The Special Opening Night Fan Event are $35.
- Show times for Disney’s Maleficent: Mistress of Evil at the El Capitan Theatre are daily from October 18th – November 17nd at 10:00AM, 1:10PM, 4:20PM, and 7:30PM.
- The film is also screened at 10:35PM opening weekend and then Fridays and Saturdays only. Show times and dates are subject to change.
- Also during the run, The El Capitan Theatre will offer Red Carpet & Premiere Party packages that include Ghirardelli treats in the Hollywood Room and a Hard Rock Cafe Movie & Meal Package, which will include a reserved seat to see the movie at The El Capitan Theatre and a meal at Hard Rock Café.
- The El Capitan Theatre will also host a very special Tiny Tot Tuesday for the first show every Tuesday during the run.
- During these special screenings, parents and small children may enjoy the movie in a tot-friendly way – with lights dimmed rather than out and reduced sound levels.
What they’re saying:
- Ed Collins, General Manager of The El Capitan Theatre: “The El Capitan Theatre is the place to be this Halloween season for Disney’s Maleficent: Mistress of Evil. Guests will be treated to a magnificent opportunity as they enter the theater to take a unique photo featuring Maleficent’s Wings. Guests will also see props and costumes from the film on display before or after the movie; there’s just no better place to experience the magic and wonder of this exciting new fantasy adventure.”