Walt Disney World will once again welcome the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend this February. To get fans even more excited for the running events, the Disney Parks Blog revealed the medals for this year’s races.
- The Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend is coming back to Walt Disney World Resort this winter from February 20-23, 2020.
- With four distance races for families and adults and some great dash challenges for kids, this magical weekend might be the fairest of all the runDisney events!
- Just this afternoon, the Disney Parks Blog revealed the medal designs for the 2020 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend featuring some of the beloved Disney Princesses:
- Each lady is featured on one medal for the individual races.
- The three fairies from Sleeping Beauty, Flora, Fauna, and Merrywheather are showcased on the challenge medal.
Disney Princess 5K
The 5K finisher medal features Moana and the Heart of Te Fiti.
Disney Princess Enchanted 10K
Runners completing the 10K race will receive this medal with Pocahontas surrounded by swirling leaves
Disney Princess Half Marathon
With 2019 marking the 70th anniversary of Cinderella, it’s only fitting that this princess get her own medal for the Half Marathon.
2020 Disney Fairy Tale Challenge
Runners who registered for the Challenge (10K and Half Marathon) will also earn this beauty when they cross the finish line. Featuring the Three Fairies from Sleeping Beauty, this medal notes the distances run to complete this challenge.
2020 runDisney Kids Races
Little ones can get in the fun too with the Kids Dashes and One Mile Run! The one mile medal is Ariel with Sebastian and Flounder, and while the dash medals features a proud Flounder
Don’t miss out!:
- Guests can register now for select races during the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend. Spots are still open for:
- Disney Princess Half Marathon
- runDisney Kids Dashes
- runDisney Kids One Mile Run
- In just a few weeks Walt Disney World will host the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend. Check out the fantastic medals racers will receive at the finish line.
- Disney announced changes to 2020 Walt Disney World Marathon race courses that now include running through Blizzard Beach.
- Bekah interviewed her sister—and first time half marathon runner—about the runDisney experience.
- Just last month Bekah and Kyle visited France for the Disneyland Paris Run Weekend and participated in not one, but three races!