Believe it or not, the 2020 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend is just around the corner and runDisney has just announced some exciting changes coming to next year’s event.
- There will be a few changes to the Walt Disney World Marathon course. Participants will now run through Blizzard Beach and spend more time running through Epcot and less time on the roads outside of the parks.
- The marathon will also begin at 5 AM, 30 minutes earlier than in previous years.
- The event will also offer a new outdoor exclusive area just for runners. Here, race participants will be able to take photos, pick up their gear, stretch, and recover.
- The ChEAR Squad packages for spectators will offer access to the finish line, popular Magic Kingdom viewing location, and other amenities but will not include access to the open-air runner experience.
- More details on the 2020 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend will be shared as we get closer to the event.
- The 2020 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend will be held on January 8-12.
ICYMI – More Walt Disney World news:
- After being removed in July, the Tomorrowland marquee returned at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, with a brand new look.
- Two shops at Disney’s Hollywood Studios have been reopened and are once again offering guests all kinds of fun merchandise.
- Check out some of the new Arendelle Aqua-themed treats available around the Walt Disney World parks, resorts and Disney Springs.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will soon be home to a special sneak peek of the highly-anticipated movie Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, beginning September 27.
- It was previously announced that automated cameras would be installed at select character meet and greet locations across Walt Disney World. Now this change has come to one of the most notable meet and greets at Magic Kingdom: Mickey and Minnie at The Town Square Theater.