Authorities have arrested a man who they believe touched two children inappropriately while he was at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom on Wednesday, according to WESH.
- Deputies say the mother of the child said she was with her child at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Magic Kingdom’s Liberty Square on Wednesday when a man inappropriately touched her child, who then started crying. The mother reported the incident to the park's Guest Relations employees, who notified deputies.
- Records show that the incident was captured on surveillance cameras, and using the videos, the man was later identified as 50 year old James Anthony Jones, of Orlando.
- After an investigation into the claims, deputies found and brought Jones to the security office backstage at the park, where he was arrested and faces charges for lewd and lascivious molestation.
- It was during this investigation and park-wide search for Jones that Disney Security received reports of another molestation incident with a seperate victim involving a man of the same description inside the Haunted Mansion.
- Officials said they believe that because of the time frame between the two molestation incidents that Jones may have touched the second victim in the Haunted Mansion as well. This case is still under investigation.
- During a court appearance Thursday, a judge ordered that Jones be held of $50,000 bond and that he not return to Disney or go to any areas where children congregate.
- This comes on the heels of another incident aboard one of Disney Cruise Line’s ships involving a Cast Member who worked in the children’s activity areas.