Disney has released a new trailer for Disney+, this time featuring The Simpsons and their favorite Disney properties.
- With Disney+ just weeks away from its official launch, Disney has shared a new teaser trailer with The Simpsons.
- The family can be seen dressed to represent each of the brands featured on Disney+:
- Lisa is a glacier for National Geographic
- Maggie is Yoda for Star Wars
- Homer is Iron Man for Marvel
- Marge is Bo Peep for Pixar
- Finally, Bart walks out dressed as Mickey Mouse representing Disney, and he’s not that happy about it.
— Disney+ (@disneyplus) October 28, 2019
- A slightly longer version of this hilarious clip aired on television earlier in the week but Disney hasn’t released it on any official social channels.
- This teaser goes with the larger promotion Disney has been focusing on featuring the Springfield family. Currently, Bart Simpson can be spotted tagging a Disney+ billboard in North Hollywood.
- Back in April during the Disney Investor Day, Disney CEO and Chairman, Bob Iger announced that The Simpsons would indeed be coming to Disney+.
- The company tweeted a video of the family’s reaction to the Fox acquisition.
— Disney (@Disney) April 11, 2019
- Yeardly Smith, the voice of Lisa, was in attendance at the D23 Expo this year and took some time to visit the Disney+ stage. She hosted a fun trivia session for fans all about The Simpsons.
- Additionally, Expo 2019 marked the first ever The Simpsons panel at D23.
Photos and video are not allowed (even for media) during #TheSimpsons panel at #D23Expo, but follow this thread for a play-by-play text-only live tweeting of the entire presentation. pic.twitter.com/5a4pJZbWap
— LaughingPlace.com (@laughing_place) August 24, 2019