Anna Friel, Britt Robertson, Rafi Gavron, and Yul Vazquez are set to star in new Hulu Original film, Books of Blood based on Clive Barker’s horror book series. Seth MacFarlane will executive produce with Brannon Braga co-writing and directing the feature.
- Deadline is reporting that Hulu is in the process of finalizing deals on an original film, Books of Blood based on the horror anthology book series by Clive Barker.
- The film will star:
- Anna Friel (Marcella)
- Britt Robertson (For the People)
- Rafi Gavron (A Star Is Born)
- Yul Vazquez (Midnight, Texas)
- The Orville’s Brannon Braga and Seth MacFarlane are attached to the project with Braga serving as co-writer, executive producer, and director; and MacFarlane executive producing through his Fuzzy Door Productions.
- Books of Blood with mark Braga’s feature directorial debut.
- The project has been in the works at Hulu for more than a year and is scheduled to debut in fall 2020.
- This adaptation for Hulu will be based on an original short story by Barker.
- Braga will co-write the film alongside Adam Simon (Salem, The Haunting in Connecticut) which will take “a journey into uncharted and forbidden territory through three tales tangled in space and time.”
- The original Books of Blood anthology is a six-book series centered on horror/fantasy fiction. Each story takes place in modern setting and features normal, everyday people who get caught up in bizarre and terrifying situations.
Meet the Characters:
- “Friel will play Mary, a brilliant, beautiful psychologist who has gained fame as a skeptic that debunks all theories or beliefs that are not solely scientifically based. She loses her 7-year-old son to leukemia and then meets Simon (Gavron) who becomes her lover and convinces her that he speaks for her dead child.”
- “Robertson will portray Jenna, a hypersensitive girl who suffers from “misphonia” — an abhorrence of sound. As she learns her mother is about to send her back to the “Farm,” she steals her mother’s cash and sets out for Los Angeles.”
- “Gavron’s Simon is a handsome, charismatic young man who convinces Mary that he is a “ghost whisperer” who speaks for her dead child.”
- “Vazquez will play Bennett, a professional killer who’s latest “hit” clues him in on a priceless book that may allow him and his wife to permanently retire. On his search for the tome, his quest leads him straight into supernatural territory.”
Books of Blood creative team:
- Executive Produced by:
- Brannon Braga
- Adam Simon
- Erica Huggins
- Alana Kleiman
- Brian Witten
- Jeff Kwatinetz
- Josh Barry
- Clive Barker
- Co-executive produced by:
- Mark Miller
- Produced by:
- Joe Micucci
- Jason Clark
- Michael Mahoney
More Hulu Originals: