Today ILMxLAB announced that Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series – Episode III, the conclusion to the acclaimed virtual reality adventure, will be released on November 21, 2019. Created in collaboration with Facebook’s Oculus, the episode will be available for Oculus Quest and Rift headsets.
- Vader Immortal lets you step inside your own canonical Star Wars adventure, taking on the role of a Force-sensitive smuggler recruited by Darth Vader.
- Having discovered the Dark Lord’s nefarious plans, Episode III will allow you to lead an assault into Vader’s castle with the Force and an ancient lightsaber by your side. As you make your way to the top of the fortress, you will confront stormtroopers, a vengeful Imperial officer, and finally Lord Vader himself in a heart-stopping lightsaber battle with the fate of Mustafar hanging in the balance.
- In addition to a lightsaber and the Force, Episode III will also feature classic Star Wars weaponry, allowing you to wield an Imperial blaster and thermal detonators in battle.
- Created in close collaboration with the Lucasfilm Story Group, Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series is written by David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight, Blade) and directed by Ben Snow (Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire). It features Maya Rudolph (Bridesmaids, Big Mouth) as your sardonic droid sidekick, ZO-E3, and fan favorite Scott Lawrence as Darth Vader.
- A canonical part of the Star Wars galaxy, Vader Immortal is connected to the events of Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire — also produced by ILMxLAB — and is set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. The first two episodes are currently available for purchase on the Oculus Store.
What They’re Saying:
- Ben Snow, Director: “From the very beginning, Vader Immortal was conceived of as one overarching story where you were the lead character. From learning the Force from Darth Vader, to uncovering the ancient secrets of Mustafar, everything has been leading up to the culmination of the series. We can’t wait for fans to discover firsthand how their story ends.”
- Alyssa Finley, Producer: “Vader Immortal lets us do things we, as fans, have always dreamed of. Not only can you fight with a lightsaber, now you can use the Force to grab a blaster and take down stormtroopers, all before confronting Darth Vader face to face. There’s nothing like being at the center of a proper Star Wars adventure.”