The High School Musical: The Musical: The Series soundtrack will be available in January 2020. Fans can pre-order the soundtrack starting on November 8, as well as enjoy select songs and lyric videos as they’re released.
- The soundtrack from the highly-anticipated Disney+ High School Musical: The Musical: The Series will be available for pre-order beginning tomorrow, November 8.
- The Disney+ series will generate over 40 pieces of music and content.
- The High School Musical: The Musical: The Series cast members penned two of the new songs for the original soundtrack:
- “Just A Moment” (airing January 3, 2020) was co-written by Joshua Bassett (Ricky) and Olivia Rodrigo (Nini) as well as Dan Book, who also produced the track.
- “All I Want” was written by Olivia Rodrigo and is set to air November 29.
- Following the initial roll-out, every Wednesday, Walt Disney Records will release a new single on all services as well as a companion lyric video on Disney Music VEVO.
- Lift videos will be available the same Friday an episode premieres on Disney+.
- The full soundtrack will be available January 10, 2020.
Song and Video release dates:
- November 1 – The first single and official music video, “The Medley, The Mashup,” was released.
- November 8 – The cast of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series performs on the #1 morning show, ABC’s Good Morning America.
- The same evening, the premiere episode airs on ABC, Freeform, and Disney Channel.
- Following the premiere, “I Think I Kinda, You Know” and “The Start of Something New” singles and lift videos will be available on Disney Music VEVO.
- The acoustic version of “Born To Be Brave” will be available on Disney Music VEVO as well.
- November 9 – The cast returns to ABC’s Good Morning America Weekend to talk about the first episode.
- Instructional videos of cast members Rodrigo and Bassett teaching “I Think I Kinda, You Know” on ukulele and guitar, will be available.
- November 11 – The acoustic video of “Start of Something New” will be available.
- November 12 – Disney+ launches, and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series premieres on the platform.
- The lyric video for “I Think I Kinda, You Know” will be available along with the “Wondering” single and lyric video.
- November 15 – The second episode premieres on Disney+, and the “Wondering” lift video will be available on Disney Music VEVO.
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series: The Soundtrack track listing:
- Classic Songs include:
- Start of Something New
- We’re All In This Together
- Stick to the Status Quo
- What I’ve Been Looking For
- When There Was Me and You
- Get’cha Head In The Game
- Breaking Free
- Bop to the Top
- New Songs include:
- I Think I Kinda, You Know
- A Billion Sorrys
- All I Want
- Born to Be Brave
- Truth, Justice, and Songs In Our Key
- Out of The Old
- The Role Of A Lifetime
- Just For A Moment
What they’re saying:
- Steven Vincent, Vice President of Music and Soundtracks for Disney Channel Worldwide: “This soundtrack has all the nostalgic fan favorites from the movies with a modern twist, as well as fantastic contagious new series songs. The new cast is infinitely talented, and bring great energy in telling this new story.”
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series characters:
- Nini (Rodrigo)
- Ricky (Bassett)
- Gina (Sofia Wylie)
- E.J. (Matt Cornett)
- Ashlyn (Julia Lester)
- Kourtney (Dara Renee')
- Carlos (Frankie Rodriguez)
- Big Red (Larry Saperstein)
- Miss Jenn (Kate Reinders)
- Mr. Mazzara (Mark St. Cyr)
About the series:
- This brand new Disney+ original series follows a group of drama students and faculty members at East High, the Utah high school where the original High School Musical movie was filmed.
- Through the course of 10 episodes, these characters count down from auditions to opening night of their school’s first-ever production of “High School Musical.”
- They have budding romances, faltering friendships and harsh rivalries as they experience the transformative power that only high school theatre and music can provide.
- Created by:
- Tim Federle (Ferdinand) who also wrote the first episode
- First episode directed by:
- Tamra Davis
- Executive produced by:
- Oliver Goldstick
- Bill Borden
- Barry Rosenbush