With Disney+ now up and running, subscribers can enjoy hundreds of creative, heartwarming, and wonderful stories from across the entire Disney library. Most new episodes of Disney+’s original series will debut weekly on Fridays.
- Disney+, the highly anticipated streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, launched today in the U.S., Canada, and The Netherlands.
- With nearly 500 films and 7,500 episodes of television Disney+ is the exclusive home for some of the world’s most beloved stories as well as a robust slate of original content ready to be discovered.
- Several original series launched today along with the service including The Mandalorian, The World According to Jeff Goldblum, and Encore!
- Beginning on November 15, most new episodes of each series will premiere on Fridays at 12:01 am PT.
What they’re saying:
- Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company: “The launch of Disney+ is a historic moment for our company that marks a new era of innovation and creativity. Disney+ provides an exceptional entertainment experience, showcasing our library of beloved movies, TV series and exclusive original content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic.”
Beginning today, subscribers can enjoy:
- Timeless animated films from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Walt Disney Signature Collection, created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney.
- Three of the four highest-grossing films of all time:
- Avengers: Endgame
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Thirty seasons of the 11-time Emmy Award-winning series The Simpsons.
- Thousands of episodes from hit Disney Channel and Disney Junior series along with more than 100 Disney Channel Original Movies.
- 18 of Pixar Animation Studios’ fan favorite movies as well as all of Pixar’s beloved theatrical shorts.
- Over 400 hours of content from National Geographic, including Free Solo and the streaming debut of Science Fair.
- All six of the original classic Star Wars films in addition to recent blockbusters. By the end of 2020, the entire Skywalker saga will be available on the service.
- Marvel television series from the 1970s to present day including:
- Marvel’s Runaways
Best-in-Class Experience, Available Anywhere, Anytime:
- Disney+ offers subscribers:
- High-quality and commercial-free viewing
- Up to four concurrent streams
- Unlimited downloads on up to ten devices
- Personalized recommendations
- Ability to set up to seven different profiles
- Additionally, parents have the ability to set Kids Profiles that create an easy -to-navigate interface to access age-appropriate content.
- Consumers can subscribe to Disney+ directly at DisneyPlus.com or via in-app purchase from the following partner platforms and devices (dependent on country):
- Amazon (Fire TV Devices, Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, and Fire Tablets)
- Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app; customers can subscribe to Disney+ via in-app purchase)
- Google (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices)
- LG Smart TVs with webOS
- Microsoft (Xbox One)
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Sony / Sony Interactive Entertainment (all Android based Sony TVs and PlayStation4)
- Roku (Roku streaming players and Roku TV models)
- For a full list of supported devices visit here.
Bundle of fun:
- Starting today, consumers in the U.S. also have the opportunity to purchase a Disney bundle featuring Disney+, Hulu (with ads), and ESPN+ for $12.99 per month.
- Today marks the beginning of the global rollout of Disney+, with expectations to launch in most major global markets within its first two years.
- Available now in the U.S., Canada, and the Netherlands, Disney+ will launch on November 19 in:
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Announced earlier this month, on March 31, 2020, Disney+ will launch in markets across Western Europe – including:
- United Kingdom
- And a number of other countries in the region