Disney has reportedly found their Prince Eric for The Little Mermaid. Newcomer, Jonah Hauer-King will take on the role of Ariel’s beloved prince in the live-action version of Disney’s animated classic.
- Variety is reporting that Jonah Hauer-King has been cast as Prince Eric in Disney’s live-action remake of The Little Mermaid.
- The actor has reportedly had two screen tests for the role, with the second taking place last week with director Rob Marshall.
- Hauer-King’s television and movie credits include:
- TV miniseries Little Women
- Howard’s End
- A Dog’s Way Home.
- Blumhouse’s Once Upon a Time in Staten Island
About The Little Mermaid:
- Disney is continuing its trend of remaking animated classics into live-action films and The Little Mermaid is the next to get the greenlight.
- Rob Marshall is attached to direct.
- Composer Alan Menken who wrote music for the 1989 film will return for this iteration with Hamilton’s Lin-Manuel Miranda writing lyrics.
- Actress and singer Halle Bailey will play the title mermaid, Ariel.
The Little Mermaid cast:
- Melissa McCarthy as Ursula
- Javier Bardem as King Triton
- Daveed Diggs as Sebastian
- Awkwafina as Scuttle
- Jacob Tremblay as Flounder
- Produced by:
- Rob Marshall
- Marc Platt
- John DeLuca
- Jessica Virtue
- Allison Erlikhman
- Earlier this year, singer Harry Styles of One Direction fame was in talks for Prince Eric, but ultimately ended up passing on the part.