The Mandalorian has taken the internet by storm, but probably not for the reasons we expected before the show began. The new “Baby Yoda” character, as many have been calling it, has become an instant fan-favorite and soon, you’ll be able to pick up some merchandise based on the character, according to CNBC.
- Showrunners Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni left “Baby Yoda” out of the initial marketing for the series so as to not spoil the character’s surprise appearance.
- Soon though, products featuring the character will be available through multiple retailers, including:
- Hot Topic
- Box Lunch
- This new merchandise could be arriving in stores as early as today (November 22).
- More products will also arrive at the Disney Store, ShopDisney and at the Disney Parks before the holidays.
- Presales for toys and plush will also be available in the coming weeks, though it is unclear when that merchandise will be shipped.
- There are currently two T-shirts available on Amazon.
ICYMI – More Disney+ news:
- The upcoming Disney+ documentary and series One Day at Disney will feature a familiar voice when it debuts in a few weeks, as Sterling K. Brown will provide narration to the new series.
- Disney Executive Kevin Mayer said that BAMTech was not prepared for the tremendous traffic seen at the launch of Disney+.
- Disney released a statement, claiming that there has been “no indication of a security breach” on Disney+.
- Actress Hilary Duff announced that Adam Lamberg’s Gordo was joining the returning Lizzie McGuire as a recurring character.