- The first completely new attraction to hit Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland since Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor opened in 2007, Tron Lightcycle Run (though it should be noted that Disney has begun stylizing the title as “Tron Lightcycle / Run”) is growing ever near completion, soon allowing park guests to enter The Grid for themselves.
- According to the Disney Parks Blog, Walt Disney Imagineers and Magic Kingdom Park cast members celebrated a milestone in the construction of the TRON Lightcycle / Run attraction, when the final piece of the attraction’s ride track was lowered into place.
- TRON Lightcycle / Run is a coaster-style attraction that will allow riders to board a train of two-wheeled Lightcycles for a thrilling race through the digital frontier. A similar attraction exists at Shanghai Disneyland, where it opened in 2016, and became an instant guest-favorite.
- Walt Disney Imagineering just shared this video (below), which offers an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at how the Tomorrowland attraction is coming together.
- With construction of this magnitude still in progress, there is still an effect on nearby attractions. While the adjacent Tomorrowland Speedway has reopened after its closure to allow for construction, the Walt Disney World Railroad is still closed, with no return date set just yet.
- Earlier this summer, at D23 Expo 2019 in Anaheim, part of the parks and resorts booth was dedicated to showcasing Tron Lightcycle / Run, including the ride vehicle, and the costumes that the cast members will be wearing. Those pictures and more can be seen at our Tron Lightcycle / Run Project Tracker.
- TRON Lightcycle / Run is set to open at Magic Kingdom Park in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021.
- End of Line.