Hong Kong Disneyland has made the decision to cancel their Disney New Year’s Eve Countdown Party! Guests who had purchased tickets through the official website will be able to receive refunds.
- Hong Kong Disneyland has cancelled their New Year’s Eve party, but will continue to host countdown events for resort hotel guests.
- Hong Kong Disney Resort announced their decision on their website with the following statement:
- “After evaluating the possible late night transportation situation, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort regrets to announce that the “Disney New Year’s Eve Countdown Party!” on December 31 will be cancelled. A refund will be arranged for each Guest who has purchased the Disney New Year’s Eve Countdown Party Package from the Hong Kong Disneyland official website. An email for the refund arrangements will be sent to each affected Guest within 1 one week.”
- The Resort invites guests to “join us to celebrate and enjoy our Hotel and F&B offerings. For the latest offers, please go to our website for more information.”
- Even though the party is cancelled, the Park is scheduled to be open on New Year’s Eve from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, and on New Year’s Day from 10:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- Sleeping Beauty Castle at Hong Kong Disneyland is undergoing a transformation to become the Castle of Magical Dreams. While no official opening date has been announced, construction is underway on the castle which includes design elements celebrating all of the princesses!
- A Frozen–themed land will also be joining the Park in the near future. The main attraction will be Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs.