D23 has previewed the upcoming summer issue of Disney twenty-three. This quarter fans will explore the Walt Disney Archives as it celebrates its 50th anniversary; take a look at upcoming Disney+ premieres such as Muppets Now and Artemis Fowl; and see how Disneyland has changed—and remained the same—as its 65th anniversary approaches!
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- Summer is almost here and that means it's time for a new issue of Disney twenty-three, the official publication of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club.
- This June, the Walt Disney Archives will celebrate its 50th anniversary, the upcoming issue of Disney twenty-three will explore the important history of preserving magic.
- Film critic and historian Leonard Maltin takes readers on a journey through the Archives spanning five remarkable decades of preserving Disney’s most beloved treasures while remaining a vital resource for writers, directors, and, of course, Disney fans.
Other notable features:
- Muppets Now
- Artemis Fowl
- Sir Kenneth Branagh, Dame Judi Dench, Josh Gad, and newcomer Ferdia Shaw discuss adapting Artemis Fowl into an epic feature, which will be streaming this June on Disney+.
- Director and producer Don Hahn pens an essay on the making of his moving Howard Ashman documentary Howard for Disney+, and illuminates the inside story of the award-winning lyricist responsible for some of Disney’s most beloved songs.
- Secret Society of Second-Born Royals
- Star Skylar Astin reveals his Disneyland favorites, with photos shot exclusively for Disney twenty-three earlier this point year at the resort.
Also included in the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three:
- Brian Henson takes readers on the set of the out-of-this-world Disney+ talk show Earth to Ned, complete with a celebrity-obsessed alien charged with destroying the planet!
- Dan Lanigan gives us an insider look at the making of Prop Culture, a new Disney+ series about the iconic props from favorite films such as Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Mary Poppins
- From The Sound of Music to The Reluctant Dragon, 10 must-see Disney+ movies selected by members of the Walt Disney Archives team
- Dazzling then-and-now Disneyland park photographs—plus an array of classic merchandise—in honor of the park’s 65th anniversary
- Regular features including:
- From the Desk of
- By the Numbers
- Character Analysis
- D Society
- Ask the Walt Disney Archives
- The latest issue of Disney twenty-three will begin arriving before the end of May.
Become a Member:
- Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a benefit of their membership.