Shanghai Disneyland will officially reopen on May 11, and the park is ready to welcome back guests with a host of colorful new offerings and experiences. The park will also offer limited entertainment offerings, with some attractions closed as well.
- As Shanghai Disneyland prepares to welcome guests back to the park, the Resort has announced their hours, planned refurbishments, festivities, and more.
- The park is scheduled to open on Monday, May 11 with limited guests capacity, heightened health and safety measures, and other social distancing requirements.
- As far as we can tell right now from the official website, the park will have limited hours, few entertainment offerings, and several closed attractions.
- On Monday, May 11th, the park will operate from 9:30 AM – 7:30 PM. Opening 30 minutes later than the posted times of 9:00 AM – 7:30 PM the rest of the officially posted dates beginning May 12th.
- Interestingly, the calendar on the official site (as of press time) only is scheduled through May 17th.
Ready to welcome guests back:
- Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members have carried out extensive testing on each attraction vehicle to ensure all equipment meets or exceeds Disney’s high safety standards.
- They are also preparing to debut a comprehensive series of measures to promote a safe and healthy visit at each step in the guest experience.
- Guests must provide basic personal information for each guest visiting the park, including name, phone number, ID type and ID number via Shanghai Disney Resort’s official online channels after purchasing a ticket and prior to arriving at the resort in order to generate a Shanghai Disneyland Reservation QR Code, and guests will be required to present the code before entering the park.
- Starting today and during the initial reopening period, guests can purchase dated admission tickets for Shanghai Disneyland via Shanghai Disney Resort’s official online channels and official travel partners’ channels.
- Annual Pass holders must make a reservation for their visit date and time through Shanghai Disney Resort’s official online channels before their visit to the park
- A limited number of ticket sales are available each day to control capacity.
- During the initial reopening phase, guests will be able to enjoy a special price of RMB 499 for weekends, and regular date ticket prices will continue to be RMB 399.
- From May 8, 2020, guests may also purchase a Half-day dated ticket, which is valid for entry to Shanghai Disneyland from 2:00 PM on any pre-selected date from May 11 through June 9, 2020.
- All guests are required to purchase dated admission tickets for Shanghai Disneyland prior to their arrival, as on-site sales will not be available.
- During this temporary “Advanced Reservation Period”, General Admission tickets for Shanghai Disneyland will not be accepted.
- Spring is now in full bloom at the theme park and throughout the resort, including at Disneytown and Wishing Star Park.
- There has never been a better time to rediscover the magic of nature, and experience Disney’s unique branded entertainment and attractions.
- Disney artists, designers, painters, decorators and horticulture specialists have been making final reopening touches at locations throughout the park and have added new surprises just for spring.
- Step into an immersive floral fantasy celebrating the colorful spring season that features a “Floral Minnie” made of hundreds of vibrant flowers at the Entry Portal.
- Throughout the park, guests can enjoy the beauty of buttercups, an apple blossom archway, magnolias, lupines, camellias, tulips, roses and more in full bloom providing a preview of the many spring colors on display in every corner of the park.
- Large sculpted eggs resembling popular Disney characters will entertain and amuse guests with their playful features, and this year more Marvel Super Hero-themed eggs have been added to delight guests of all ages.
- Beloved Disney characters will make surprise appearances in each of the themed lands, welcoming guests back to Shanghai Disneyland.
- Guests will have the opportunity to see characters in brand new Spring costumes waving to guests from atop the park’s Entry Portal:
- Mickey and his friends
- Duffy and his friends
- Disney Princesses will wave to guests from the balcony of the Enchanted Storybook Castle.
- Marvel Super Heroes will gather on the Pepsi E-stage to bring additional power and energy to guests.
- To accommodate social distancing, parades and nighttime spectaculars will return at a later date.
- During the initial reopening phase, several special entertainment offerings will also be presented:
- A special Disney character procession, Mickey and Friends Express, will take place several times daily
- The Enchanted Storybook Castle will come to life throughout the evening for magical moments filled with colorful light and music.
- Mickey and his pals will all gather on the Entry Portal to wish everyone a fond farewell as they exit the park.
- In terms of entertainment offerings, aside from the above mentioned special offerings, there are only two different experiences being performed at this time, with several performances scheduled daily.
- Avengers Training Initiative – Members of the Avengers and their field agents will be assembling prospective recruits in Tomorrowland for this heroic interactive experience.
- New recruits will have the chance to train with their favorite heroes and see if they’re fit to become the next generation of Avengers agents!
- Golden Fairytale Fanfare – Guests can behold the wonder of a magical, musical stage spectacular featuring your favorite Disney Princesses.
- Snow White, Anna and Elsa, Jasmine, Ariel and Merida invite you to join them for this delightful daytime showcase at the Gardens of Imagination in front of Enchanted Storybook Castle
- It is unclear at this time how these shows will have social distancing take place at these performances.
- The park’s Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, which is similar to its North American counterparts, will also be closed at this time.
- A variety of new menus and souvenirs at various food and beverage locations across Shanghai Disneyland will spark guests’ imaginations with incredible aromas and colors of fresh, seasonal produce.
- Chip ‘n’ Dale and various Marvel Super Heroes will be featured on many of the park’s food and beverage treats.
- Additionally, more than 40 exclusive merchandise items are being introduced, featuring spring colors and exclusive designs.
Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Trading Post:
- A new store, Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Trading Post, will open within Adventure Isle, where guests can find a complete range of Chip ‘n’ Dale Themed merchandise, inspired by the characters with their mischievous antics and fun moments.
- Several attractions are listed as being closed for refurbishment:
- Marvel Universe
- Shipwreck Shore
- Once Upon a Time Adventure
- Challenge Trails at Camp Discovery