Following a night of protests in Orlando, Orange County Mayor Jerry Dennings and Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer have put in place a curfew from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am until further notice.
- WESH 2 Orlando is reporting that Orange County and Orlando Mayor's Jerry Dennings and Buddy Dyer have announced a curfew that lasts from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am until further notice.
- Protests have been going on in multiple cities across America since May 25th in response to the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, who died when a white police officer restrained him for nearly 10-minutes by holding a knee on his neck as the black man repeatedly told him that he couldn’t breathe.
- The curfew was put in place after protestors blacked part of State Road 408, requiring law enforcement to use tear gas to open the road back up.
- A crowd of protestors also gathered outside of the Orlando Police Department where some protestors threw rocks, bottles, and concrete at police officers.
- Some local businesses were also broken into with two arrests being made according to Orange County Sheriff John Mina.
- UPDATE: 5/31 at 2:00 pm PT: Disney Springs has updated their closing time from 10:00 pm to 7:00 pm effective May 31st to comply with the local curfew order.