Fans wanting to learn more about the music score for Disney’s live-action Mulan will thoroughly enjoy Pandora’s Screen Songs: Mulan playlist. Composer Harry Gregson-Williams talks about finding inspiration for writing music not just for the film, but for the character as well.
- Internet streaming music platform Pandora has announced the launch of an exclusive playlist in honor of Disney’s live-action Mulan.
- Fans can enjoy commentary about the score by composer Harry Gregson-Williams on the Screen Songs: Mulan playlist.
- To score everything from pivotal family moments to dramatic fight scenes, the British musician created a soundscape worthy of the titular hero, played by actress Yifei Liu.
- In this special presentation, Gregson-Williams shares behind-the-scenes stories of helping to bring the new version of Mulan to life, including the "great thrill" of writing "Loyal Brave True" for Christina Aguilera.
- Gregson-Williams offers an introduction to the playlist by highlighting some of the major motion pictures he’s had the pleasure to score. A few of his other credits include:
- Shrek films
- Chronicles of Narnia
- The Martian
- Gone Baby Gone
- The Zookeeper’s Wife
- Additionally, he talks about how he was approached by director Niki Caro to write music for the movie and how she requested a “muscular” theme for the Mulan that could be developed in many ways.
- The live-action film is now streaming exclusively on Disney+ and is available to subscribers via Premier Access for $29.99.
- How does this film stack up against Disney’s other live-action remakes? Alex answers that question in his latest film review.
- Fans can shop from dozens of great Mulan toys, collectibles, attire, and accessories from their favorite retailers.