Freeform wants viewers to “Kick 2020 in the Ballots” and “FF’ing Vote.” The network has launched a new non-partisan voting initiative to encourage Millennial and Gen Z adults to get out and vote. Additionally, Freeform’s limited series Kal Penn Approves This Message will premiere on September 22nd.
- Starting today, the network is launching a non-partisan, multiplatform voting initiative that encourages young adults to tackle the issues affecting their lives with the most powerful weapon they possess: their vote.
- Freeform will present a series of on-air, out of home, and social PSAs reminding fans to make their voices heard by mailing in their ballots or showing up to the polls this November.
- Additionally, this activation encourages fans to share on social media the issues they want to kick in the ballots using the hashtags #Kick2020intheBallots and #FFingVote.
- In conjunction with the “Kick 2020 in the Ballots. FF’ing Vote.” campaign, Freeform will premiere the previously announced election-themed series Kal Penn Approves This Message.
- Hosted by Kal Penn, the show is a smart, irreverent unscripted comedy series that explores issues relevant to Millennial and GenZ voters.
- Each episode will consist of comedic field pieces as well as a sit-down interview with Kal and a featured guest. Topics will cover:
- Voting basics
- Voter empowerment
- The economy
- Climate change
- And more
- The series will break down key issues young voters are passionate about and arm them with the tools they need to make an impact and vote.
- Kal Penn Approves This Message is six-episode series set to premiere on Tuesday, September 22nd which coincides with National Voter Registration Day.
- The limited series will conclude with a one-hour season finale on Tuesday, October 27th.
- Each episode will be available the next day on Hulu.
- Kal Penn Approves This Message is created by Kal Penn and Romen Borsellino
- The series is executive produced by:
- Kal Penn
- Romen Borsellino
- Dan Spilo
- Stuart Miller
- Michael Davies (Embassy Row)
- Julia Cassidy (Embassy Row)
More from Freeform and the “Kick 2020 in the Ballots” Campaign:
- Freeform is also partnering with purpose-driven media company ATTN: to produce a non-partisan digital voting series outlining what our viewers need to know heading into this November’s election.
- The series will cover everything from voter registration and the importance of local elections, to why FF’ing voting matters.
- Featuring network talent, the videos will run on-air in addition to being shared with followers across the various Freeform and ATTN: social accounts.
- All videos will support Walt Disney Television’s voting partner, I AM A VOTER.