- Disney’s Animal Kingdom recently welcomed two giraffe calves to their family and they’re now old enough to explore the savanna.
- Starting today, December 3rd, Guests experiencing Kilimanjaro Safaris may spot these two youngsters having fun with the rest of the herd.
- In September, the park welcomed its 35th newborn giraffe since the park opened in 1998. It’s possible that one of the two calves introduced to the attraction today is that same baby.
- As seen in the National Geographic Disney+ series, Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s giraffes breed as part of the Species Survival Plan (SSP), which is overseen by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and ensures responsible breeding of threatened and endangered species.
- If you’re lucky enough to see these two cuties on your next safari, be sure to wish them a “Kwaharini” from all of us who can’t make it.