- ET has an exclusive look at Spin, Disney Channel’s first original movie with an Indian American lead.
- Spin stars Avantika Vandanapu (Diary of a Future President, Mira, Royal Detective) as Rhea, an Indian American teen who lives with her multi-generational family and helps with her father’s restaurant, but has a passion for DJing.
- Manjari Makijany (Desert Dolphin) will direct the feature for the network.
- Spin is written by Carley Steiner (Play Date) and Josh Cagan (The Duff).
- Zanne Devine (Secret Society of Second Born Royals, Easy A, I, Tonya) will serve as executive producer.
- Spin will premiere on Disney Channel this year.
- “Rhea Kumar (Vandanapu) is an effervescent 15-year-old who lives with her tight-knit multigenerational family. After her mother’s death, she has been her father’s emotional rock, and her life revolves around her family’s restaurant, her eclectic group of friends, and her after-school coding club. Everything changes when she falls for aspiring DJ Max and a long lost passion for music is reignited. Rhea discovers that she has a natural gift for creating beats and producing music, but must find the courage to follow her true inner talent.”
You can check out more exclusive photos and an interview with Avantika Vandanapu and Manjari Makijany on Entertainment Tonight’s website.