The Marvel Cinematic Universe is continuing to grow with an impressive slate of new movies and series coming in the next few years. One of those new series is Secret Invasion, which will follow a classic Marvel Comics story arc. The series appears to have found another star as Kingsley Ben-Adir is now reportedly set to play a lead.
- Deadline reports that Kingsley Ben-Adir will play a lead role in Marvel’s Secret Invasion opposite Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn.
- While Jackson and Mendelsohn will of course reprise their roles as Nick Fury and Talos respectively, it is unclear as of yet who Ben-Adir will be playing and Marvel Studios declined to comment.
- Deadline does note a rumor that the actor will portray a lead villain.
- Ben-Adir recently starred as Malcolm X in One Night in Miami while his TV credits include The OA, Peaky Blinders and High Fidelity.
- In Marvel Comics, “Secret Invasion” is a story in which Earth has been infiltrated by the shape-shifting race of aliens known as the Skrulls. Earth’s mightiest heroes have to assemble to take out this new threat, but they don’t know who they can trust as an one of them can be a skrull.
- There is currently no timeline for Secret Invasion though it is likely the series will not debut until at least late 2022 or possibly 2023.