(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- The Hollywood Reporter is writing that Uma Thurman has been cast in the upcoming sequel to Stargirl.
- The follow up story to the 2020 Disney+ original film was announced in February with star Grace VanderWaal and director Julia Hart attached to return.
- In addition to VanderWaal, Elijah Richardson has joined the cast and composer Michael Penn will write and perform original music for the film.
- The film is based on the YA novel by Jerry Spinelli about a boy in Mica, Arizona who becomes friends with the mysterious and completely original Stargirl Caraway.
- According to reports, the sequel will follow Stargirl as she journeys beyond Mica into a new world of music. Along the way she’ll meet a fellow musician, Roxanne Martel played by Thruman.
- Julia Hart and Jordan Horowitz co-wrote the first film and have also penned the sequel.
- Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, Lee Stollman, Horowitz all serve as producers. Kirsten Hahn and author Jerry Spinelli are executive producers.
- While Spinelli is attached, the plot of the film seems to be only loosely based on his own Stargirl sequel, Love, Stargirl.
More Stargirl News:
- Just last week it was announced that Judy Greer would be joining the film and will star as Stargirl’s mother, Ana Caraway.