- The trailer for the upcoming Freeform series Cruel Summer has been released.
- The show follows two women, one who goes missing (Kate Wallis played by Olivia Holt) and the other accused of being connected to the disappearance (Jeanette Turner played by Chiara Aurelia).
- New episodes will air on Tuesdays at 10:00 pm ET/PT after the premiere on April 20.
- Episodes will be available to stream on Hulu the next day after each premiere on Freeform.
About “Cruel Summer”
- “From executive producer Jessica Biel (“The Sinner”), “Cruel Summer” is a psychological thriller that follows two young women: Kate Wallis, the popular girl with a charmed life who one day goes missing, and Jeanette Turner, the nerdy wannabe who is accused of being connected to Kate’s disappearance. All signs point to Jeanette’s guilt, but is Kate really who she seems to be? Set over three summers and told through shifting points of view, the series challenges perception and follows how one girl can go from being a sweet outlier to the most despised person in America.”
- The series stars Olivia Holt, Chiara Aurelia, Michael Landes, Froy Gutierrez, Harley Quinn Smith, Allius Barnes, Blake Lee and Brooklyn Sudano.
- Cruel Summer comes from studio eOne and was created by Bert V. Royal. Tia Napolitano serves as showrunner. Executive producers include Napolitano, Royal and Iron Ocean Productions’ Jessica Biel and Michelle Purple. Max Winkler directs and executive produces the pilot.”
Cruel Summer premieres Tuesday, April 20th on Freeform, the next day on Hulu.