Deadline is reporting that Disney+ has added Judd Hirsch and Tyrel Jackson Williams to the cast of the upcoming sequel to Stargirl.
- Deadline has shared an exclusive about two new cast members joining the Stargirl sequel at Disney+.
- Judd Hirsch and Tyrel Jackson Williams have signed on for the project and will play Mr. Mitchell and Terrell respectively.
- As previously revealed, Grace VanderWaal will return as the titular character along with director Julia Hart at the helm.
- This news of Hirsch and Williams follows yesterday’s announcement that Uma Thurman had been cast as a musician Roxanne Martel whom Stargirl admires.
- Other cast members include Elijah Richardson as Evan—a potential love interest opposite VanderWall—and Judy Greer as Stargirl’s mother, Ana Caraway.
- Hirsch’s Mr. Williams is one of Stargirl’s neighbors, while Terrell is an aspiring filmmaker and older brother to Evan.
- The follow up film will see Stargirl journeying out of Mica, Arizona and into a new world of music and possibilities.
- Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, Lee Stollman, Horowitz all serve as producers. Kirsten Hahn and author Jerry Spinelli are executive producers.
- Stargirl debuted on Disney+ in spring of 2020 and was one of the platform's first original movies. That story and the sequel are based on the young adult novel of the same name by Spinelli.
Sign up for Disney+ or the Disney Streaming Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and ad-supported Hulu) now