Deadline is reporting that Disney+ has added Judd Hirsch and Tyrel Jackson Williams to the cast of the upcoming sequel to Stargirl.
- Deadline has shared an exclusive about two new cast members joining the Stargirl sequel at Disney+.
- Judd Hirsch and Tyrel Jackson Williams have signed on for the project and will play Mr. Mitchell and Terrell respectively.
- As previously revealed, Grace VanderWaal will return as the titular character along with director Julia Hart at the helm.
- This news of Hirsch and Williams follows yesterday’s announcement that Uma Thurman had been cast as a musician Roxanne Martel whom Stargirl admires.
- Other cast members include Elijah Richardson as Evan—a potential love interest opposite VanderWall—and Judy Greer as Stargirl’s mother, Ana Caraway.
- Hirsch’s Mr. Williams is one of Stargirl’s neighbors, while Terrell is an aspiring filmmaker and older brother to Evan.
- The follow up film will see Stargirl journeying out of Mica, Arizona and into a new world of music and possibilities.
- Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, Lee Stollman, Horowitz all serve as producers. Kirsten Hahn and author Jerry Spinelli are executive producers.
- Stargirl debuted on Disney+ in spring of 2020 and was one of the platform's first original movies. That story and the sequel are based on the young adult novel of the same name by Spinelli.