A Touch of Disney at Disney California Adventure afforded us views of the park we haven’t seen in almost a year, including that of a brand new backdrop towering over Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters in Cars Land.
- Yesterday, we were at A Touch of Disney at Disney California Adventure, and we were able to walk around parts of the park that we haven’t set foot in in over a year. While none of the attractions were open to enjoy, we were able to get up close to some of them and see what’s new.
- One HUGE difference we saw lay on the outskirts of Cars Land at Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters. Guests familiar with the location may remember a backdrop that was trees and a large fence that said “Rollickin’ Roadsters” on it. While all that is still there, there is now a substantially larger backdrop towering over those quaint trees and fence line.
- The aesthetic seems to channel Carsoli (where Luigi is from) more than Cars Land, and the new themed wall seems to be covering a new backstage building.
- The new themed backdrop has structural elements, so it’s not just themed painting on a wall, this is some kind of building, if even just a facade. We know that some backstage facilities were removed to make way for Avengers Campus as well as Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway behind Mickey’s Toontown, perhaps this is a new facility for those relocated departments.
- Satellite photos have not been updated to account for Avengers Campus construction, so what specifically has been added or removed, we don’t know based on these images, aside from parking, office trailers, and storage.
- That said, this is the spot of land that is earmarked for the next phase of Avengers Campus which includes a major Avengers themed E-Ticket attraction that is speculated to feature a massive show building that will be similar to Flight of Passage at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Perhaps the new themed wall of Luigi’s isn’t blocking a building YET?
- Near Luigi’s we also spotted the Quinjet from afar, as well as more of Avengers Campus, which based on the art and pathway, and Quinjet location, would plant that massive building at least near the eyeline behind Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters.
- Fans of the Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters attraction, aside from rampant speculation about what’s going on behind it, can at least enjoy a motionless ride with one of Luigi’s cousins in front of attraction’s entrance, where several of the ride vehicles have been relocated for a photo opportunity in front of Luigi’s Casa Della Tires.
- The new wall is just one of a few things we discovered as we toured A Touch of Disney at Disney California Adventure. You can see what else we found when you watch the replay of our live Walk and Talk below!
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disneyland Resort travel planning