“The World’s Most Magical Celebration” will begin on October 1 in honor of the 50th anniversary pf Walt Disney World and Florida car owners can celebrate by picking up the first ever Walt Disney World Resort specialty license plate, according to the Disney Park Blog.
- The design for the new license plate features the “EARidescent” 50th anniversary castle logo on a royal blue background, inspired by the color scheme of Cinderella Castle.
- This new plate is currently available for presale and 100% of the proceeds will benefit Make-A-Wish of Central and Northern Florida and their work granting wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions.
- Disney has a longstanding relationship with Make-A-Wish, dating back to 1980, and since then, more than 140,000 Disney-inspired wishes have been granted, including thousands taking place at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Those interested in ordering the new Walt Disney World license plate can purchase a presale voucher now for $25 plus applicable state administration fees exclusively through their local County Tax Collector’s Office, license plate agencies (DMVs) across the State of Florida, or online through the Orange County Tax Collector’s Office.
More on “The World’s Most Magical Celebration”:
- “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” will start on October 1, 2021, and continue for 18 months.
- Shimmering EARidescent décor will appear around the resort while the icons at each park will transform at night to “Beacons of Magic.”
- Cinderella Castle will feature golden bunting, sparkling golden embellishments, and a 50th anniversary crest.
- At night, Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park will sparkle with pixie dust.
- At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, a warm light will emanate from the Tree of Life as magical fireflies gather to usher in the magic of nature.
- The Hollywood Tower Hotel at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be awash in a brilliance evoking the golden age of imagination and adventure.
- At EPCOT, new lights will shine across the reflective panels of Spaceship Earth, connecting to one another in a symbol of optimism resembling stars in a nighttime sky. The iconic structure’s permanent new lighting will continue beyond the 50th celebration.
- Mickey and Minnie showed off their new looks at Magic Kingdom Park, all decked out for the celebration.
- You can see more of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” here.