The latest episode of Disney+ Deets sees hosts Kenneth and Marcellus take a closer look at a seminal series from the early 2000’s, The Proud Family.
- Kenneth and Marcellus are back for a new episode of Disney+ Deets, this time a taking a look at the Disney channel original series, The Proud Family.
- The pair talk about the amount of representation in the series, especially for the timeframe in which the series debuted, before they discuss the cast of the show, including Kyla Pratt, Tommy Davidson, Paula Jai Parker, Jo Marie Payton, and Cedric the Entertainer as series favorite Uncle Bobby.
- The pair also reflects and enjoy the fact that the theme song for the animated series was originally performed by Beyonce’s sister, Solange,
- Marcellus and Kenneth also can’t hide their excitement for the new revival of the classic series, The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder coming soon to Disney+.
- The Proud Family originally debuted in September of 2001, with new episodes airing through August of 2005 up until the Disney Channel Original Movie, The Proud Family Movie debuted, which served as a series finale for the show. Even though no new episodes were being produced, the series continued to air on Disney Channel and Disney XD through 2009. The series went on to be nominated and win numerous awards, including the 2004 BET Comedy Award for Outstanding Animated Series.