To help celebrate Earth Month, a new sand sculpture has been revealed at Disney’s Animal Kingdom promoting the upcoming release of the Disney+ Original Series, Secrets of the Whales.
- In celebration of the April 22 release of the Disney+ Original Series Secrets of the Whales from National Geographic, artists recently carved a new sculpture out of 40 tons of sand at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. The intricate sculpture took two artists over 16 hours to complete and features a sperm whale, humpback whale and narwhal inspired by footage from the series.
- The four-episode series, executive produced by James Cameron, narrated by Sigourney Weaver, and featuring National Geographic Photographer and Explorer Brian Skerry, plunges viewers deep within the epicenter of whale culture to experience the extraordinary communication skills and intricate social structures of five different whale species: orcas, humpbacks, belugas, narwhals and sperm whales. Filmed over three years in 24 locations, throughout this epic journey, we learn that whales are far more complex and more like us than ever imagined.
- The sculpture will be on display at the Discovery Island Stage through April 30, and takes the place of the Raya and the Last Dragon sand sculpture that was previously displayed on the Discovery Island stage.
- The Secrets of the Whales sand sculpture is one part of the Earth Week Celebration Fun at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, with other limited time experiences including unique Disney character appearances, fun learning opportunities, specialty merchandise, themed food and beverage, a new Wilderness Explorer activity and more.
- The Animation Experience at Conservation Station shows how Disney Artists bring favorite characters to life by using animals for inspiration. For the Earth Week Celebration, guests can learn to draw characters – including Dumbo, Terk, Squirt, Shere Khan, Simba and Scar – whose real-life counterparts represent amazing stories of conservation work around the globe.
- Catch a glimpse of some special characters who will join other favorite Disney pals on Discovery River Character Cruises.
- Set out on a series of self-guided, nature-themed challenges and earn a special Wilderness Explorer limited-time Earth Day Nature badge.
- Hunt for an Earth Day 2021 limited-edition Te Fiti Moana trading pin. Guests can also support the Disney Conservation Fund by purchasing a cuddly plush inspired by species that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom home; or check out Island Mercantile’s eco-friendly water bottles, tumblers and reusable bags that promote sustainability.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning