Disney’s Animal Kingdom is celebrating Earth Day in many ways today, and one of those is by dropping a new ASMR Video featuring the sounds of nature at the park.
- Autonomous sensory meridian response, or ASMR, is a tingling sensation that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. Videos on YouTube and other social media platforms try to engage this reaction, and today Disney’s Animal Kingdom is getting in on the fun to help celebrate Earth Day.
- Using the format as a virtual tour, we get to see many areas of the park, including the Tree of Life, some Wilderness Explorers exhibits, and even a few up close animal encounters.
- Strangely, at certain points (probably to garner that sensory reaction), we the viewer find ourselves in one of the park’s lounges listening to drinks pour, and in the animal care facilities where we focus on some of the animal care team typing up reports.
- The tour of the park is appropriate as well because not only is it Earth Day, today is also the 23rd anniversary of the park, the fourth at Walt Disney World, which opened this day in 1998.
- The park has also been the hub of Earth Day festivities, celebrating Earth Month since the beginning of April with limited time activities, events, displays, and food.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom isn’t the only park getting in on the Earth Day fun, other Disney Parks and Resorts around the globe have shared some of their efforts earlier today to reduce their carbon footprint and help save the planet with Solar Energy, and those guests who can’t make it to the park can have some fun with the My Disney Experience and Play Disney Parks apps.