May 4th is nearly upon us, and the Disneyland Resort Legacy Annual Passholders Twitter account told everyone “May the Fourth be with you” with a tease for a new reservation only merchandise event coming to Disneyland Resort for the special day.
- The Disneyland Legacy Passholders page tweeted an out of focus image showing the famous Rebel icon from the Star Wars universe promising a reservation-only merchandise event on May 4th.
- The tweet tells Legacy Passholders to stay tuned, as they’ll have the opportunity to be among the first to purchase May the 4th apparel and pins and “a chance” to acquire an all-new legacy hilt.
- A follow-up tweet also says that the products will only be available through the Disneyland Resort Shopping Reservation event while the supplies last, and any remaining product will be made available elsewhere at the Disneyland Resort after the reservation event ends.
Attention Star Wars fans, a May the 4th Disneyland Shopping Reservation event is coming soon! You’ll have the opportunity to be among the first to purchase May the 4th apparel & pins and a chance to add an all-new legacy hilt to your collection. Check back for more details! pic.twitter.com/wFKKmjI22S
— Disneyland Legacy Passholders (@DisneylandAP) April 23, 2021
- Aside from the tweet, details about what will be offered at the event are scarce.
- The event will likely take place at the former ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney, where similar reservation-only merchandise events have taken place recently. The location is perfect, since it also neighbors the former Rainforest Cafe location, which has transformed into the Star Wars Trading Post retail location.
- Some fans are quick to jump on the comments of the tweet, showing their excitement for the new legacy hilt, with many hoping for the hilt of Cal Kestis.